Such a strange title for a how to, but this post is all about how to stay and explore sydney. Ja and I went for a beautiful wedding earlier in the year and there are a few things I'd love to recommend to everyone!
1. Stay somewhere central: we stayed at the Kirketon Hotel for one night in Darlinghurst (which I would not recommend for the $$) and another hotel in Surry Hills. Both locations however were ideal! Next time we head back we will be staying at the 1888 hotel - I had wanted to stay there but the price jumped by almost $200 from when I had initially looked so it was off the options list.
2. Book your hotel through a hotel "deal site": you'll save some money and that means you can spend that on some extra things like a meal out or something nice from the shops
3. Download the mTaxi app from the app store. The reviews for this one are bad but it worked perfectly every time for me! Sydney is quite a taxi town and getting around is relatively cheap and easy. I used this app to book taxi's and track them so we knew how long we'd be waiting.
4. Pack flat shoes. Whilst Sydney is taxi friendly, sometimes it's quicker to just walk than to go in traffic. You'll need flat shoes to get quickly around all the shops, trust me!
5. Go to Din Tai Fung - there is a restaurant and there is also a smaller "pop up" style shop in the top of the Westfield on Pitt Street. This is my MUST EAT every time I go to Sydney and I cannot recommend it enough. I'm salivating at the mouth just thinking about it....
Enjoy! If I didn't live in (and love) Melbourne, Sydney would be my next choice. It's so busy with all of the choices in the world for you to explore.
- Ka xx