This baby is wheat, gluten, dairy, grain, and meat free. It tastes like risotto and contains NO rice. Our friend Magnus said "what type of rice is this, just risotto rice?" When he ate it and the boys demolished their bowls. I think that's a tribute to how tasty this is! Pop in some beans if you'd like as well!
- 1/2 medium head of cauliflower, grated or blended into small rice type pieces
- 2 cups spinach, chopped
- 1 cup cashew nuts, chopped in a blender
- 1/2 c. vegetable broth
- 1 large shallot, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Small packet of sundried tomatoes (I used about 5/6 pieces)
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- Salt, pepper and any other seasonings you'd like!
- In a medium-sized pot, heat 1 Tb olive oil on medium heat until warmed. Place the shallots, garlic, and thyme inside and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Place some cashews into the blender and crush them up, throw these into the pot to cook a little.
- Add the stock and simmer for 5 minutes.
- In a blender gently blend all of the contents from the pot together in the pot until creamy and smooth.
- Grate the cauliflower, chop the tomatoes and spinach roughly.
- Add grated cauliflower, sun-dried tomatoes and spinach. Cover with a lid and allow to heat through for a good 5 minutes (or until it looks like risotto).
- Stir occasionally and serve in a nice bowl!
- Ka xx